And the Leaf deserves the title in many ways, more importantly its impressive sales record of half a million EV sales. (* estimated for 2019)
The right Hand Drive Leaf being built in UK and Japan (The UK plant is situated at Sunderland) Japanese version is called JDM (Japanese Domestic Model)
There are a few differences between the UK and Japan. What’s visible at once is the IC (Instrument cluster) and head unit language is in English in the UK. But even the Japanese version controls will have English labeling except for four buttons, which you will get used to.
Change of the language has not been reliably done as of now, but will be possible sooner or later.
The UK will have a 6.6 kW on-board charger where the JDM will be only half of that. This will be an advantage if you decide to buy a L2 wall mount in addition to the travel charger supplied.
The JDM is having comfortable and high quality fabric seating, where the leather (artificial) of the UK may not be the ideal in the tropics. Some UK specs are with fabrics, advisable if you are adamant on UK.
The Bose branded audio with the subwoofer of UK gives a premium feel and experience, still the JDM sounds are not bad at all. SW disturbs the boot a bit though.
Even at buying, Japanese auction system is a much more reliable one than the varying UK methodologies.
And there is a price difference of over half a million, which is not justifiable with the extras you get for many. Eg. Similar specked G from Japan will be 5.4 and a Tekna may exceed 6M.
Furthermore, this difference will not be visible at the point of selling. Resale value matters.
Range in the city is circa 250 kms for both, you may get 300 on road trips if you are a good and sensible driver.
Do not charge at home fully, just do what you need for the next day. Cost depends of your tariff and solar.
Here are the JDM Grades
GRADES of UK
- Acenta TOTAL PRICE£27,995 MAIN FEATURES
- Nissan Safety Shield including Lane Departure Warning, Intelligent Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Recognition, Intelligent Lane Intervention, Intelligent Cruise Control, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, High-Beam Assist**
- NissanConnect Services 8″ Touchscreen Navigation and Entertainment System, Rear View Camera, Active Charging, Eco-Routing, Driving Range, Preset Air Conditioning, Nearby Charging Stations*
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto® Smartphone App Integration*
- 16″ Alloy Wheels
- 6.6 kW On-Board Charger and 50kW ChaDeMo Rapid Charge Port
- N-Connecta TOTAL PRICE£29,295 MAIN FEATURES
- In Addition to Acenta:
- Intelligent Around View Monitor with Moving Object Detection and Front and Rear Parking Sensors**
- Part Synthetic Leather/Part Cloth Trim***
- Heat Pack, including Heated Seats and Heated Steering Wheel
- 17″ Alloy Wheels
- Privacy Glass
- Tekna TOTAL PRICE£30,995 MAIN FEATURES
- In Addition to N-Connecta:
- ProPILOT Advanced Driver Assistance System*^
- BOSE Premium Audio System with 7 Speakers
- Part Leather Seats with Ultrasuede® trim***
- Full LED Headlights with Auto Levelling and LED Foglights
- Electronic Parking Brake
- e+ Tekna TOTAL PRICE£35,895 MAIN FEATURES
- In Addition to Tekna:
- 239 miles of range^*
- 217PS and 340Nm of torque
- 0.62mph acceleration time of 7.1 seconds
- Metallic Blue Front Bumper Finisher
- e+ Embossed Charging Port
Nissan Leaf 2018 – in stock!
Nissan Leaf 2018 two units.
Within 10,000 KMS
Imported new from UK
1 unit Acenta 1 Unit Techna.
LKR 5.2M ONO.
Wanna know more? Here is a advert from a known company:
Read about the NISMO Leaf, the EV with GT-R genes https://evrev.lk/2019/08/29/leaf-of-gt-r-genes/